MINERAL MUSEUMS IN SCANDINAVIA
This is a list of Mineral Museums in Scandinavia or the Nordic Countries.
with addresses, opening hours and telephone number you can call if you want to know more. The information presented here should be fairly accurate as it is based on leaflets issued by the museum.
The museums are presented in alphabetic order.
The list is under construction and new museums will be added time and again.
Museums in Denmark, Finland and Norway will be added as soon as information has been made available to the editor.
Mineralogical Museums and Collections around the world.
- American Museum of Natural History, New York. USA.
- Bern. Museum of Natural History, Mineralogy and Petrology.
- Berkeley Paleontology Museum i California. USA. One of the best in the wolrd.
- Bristol. Department of Geology at the University of Bristol. UK.
- Calgary. Glenbow Museum,Alberta, Canada.
- Chicago. The Field Museum of Natural History, USA.
- Copenhagen. Geological Museum, Denmark.
- Darmstadt. Hessisches Landesmuseum, Germany.
- Das Sächsische Industriemuseum, Germany.
- Florence. Natural history museum, Museo di Storia Naturale di Firenze, Italy.
- Florida Museum of Natural History, Florida, USA.
- Freiberg. University of Mining and Technology, Freiberg, Germany.
- Haarlem. Teylers Museum,The Netherlands.
- Halifax. Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History, Canada.
- Japan. The Geological Museum, Geological Survey of Japan.
- Jena. Mineralogische Sammlung der Friedrich-Schiller-Universität, Germany.
- Kamariza. Mineralogical Museum of Kamariza, Attica, Greece.
- Lausanne. Geological Museum, France (in French).
- Lausitzer Bergbaumuseum Knappenrode, Germany.
- London. The Natural History Museum, UK.
- Los Angeles. Mineral Sciences Exhibits, The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, USA.
- Marburg. The Mineralogical Museum Marburg, Germany.
- Melbourne. Mineralogy and Petrology Section, Museum of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia.
- Michigan. A.E.Seaman Mineral Museum, USA.
- Montreal. Redpath Museum, Faculty of Science of the McGill University, Quebec, Canada.
- Royal Tyrrell Museum in Canada.
- Smithsonian Natural History Web Page in Washington,USA.
- The Miller Museum of Geology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
If you can help the Editor to update the information please send e-mail